Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Am I a "Good Aministrator"?

As I approach the end of completing my master's program in Healthcare Management, I am starting to ask myself what are some of the qualifications and needed experience that an employer may look for when I seek a new position. My perception on what a successful public administrator is may not actually be factual and even with the educated I acquired, I may still not know how to demonstrate the qualities needed. So far I have gain some experience from reading case studies, attending various public administers discussion groups, and working with a group of people that has an assortment of personalities and work habits. I have noted during this experience, that you must be a good listener, be able to effectively communicate, which in turn will allow you to the chance to make persuasive proposals. To be a good listener , you must understand that everyone’s opinions and suggestions should be expressed and understood clearly to become a successful administrator. This is done effectively by being knowledgeable of what’s the subject at hand, not having a negative attitude, and mentally aware of what is being expressed. This has proven to be effective for me so far. I wonder what else will i learn along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment