Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Y R Healthcare Clutures So Unorganized?

I sometimes ask myself, based of personal experience, how are healthcare systems so unorganized and occur a lot of errors, and why does the moral of the organization culture seem to be unauthentic. Well with my experience having previously worked in a healthcare setting where I was a contract worker for the hospital's ER Physicians I've encountered this daily. I'm not sure of this is a reflection on all organization, but on the daily basis I battled with trying to conform with the hospital's procedures and protocols, as they were undergoing a new transition to paper-less medical records, while still having to maintain my performance indicators with my employer (a different organization). This put me in a compromising position because I had to maintain and build professional relationships with both my employer and the hospital;both of there objectives and perspectives were totally different from each other. So, to appease to both organizations I literally found myself going beyond the call of duty and making personal sacrifices to make the adjustment. However, as a manager or administrator I would have made an assessment of the situation and would have immediately found a solution to prevent a domino effect of problems to occur, which in reality ended up happening because of poor origination and communication within the organization culture. Lack of communication ultimately lead in co-workers no trusting each other on performance capabilities, which in turn lead to employees not owning their job responsibilities, that cultivated in the job being unsatisfying, not fun or enjoyable at ALL because everyday there was negativity and gossip. The turnover rate also increased. Once I would train someone, they would quit soon after because of the chaos within both organizations. Furthermore, no administrator stepped up to make a feasible adjustment, so eventually I also ended up resigning. Both organization cultures were causing stress on me physically, mentally,and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment